In the module “Save your carts and buy later” (lgbudget) for PrestaShop, an authenticated user can perform a blind SQL injection up to 1.0.3. Release 1.0.4 fixed this security issue.
- CVE ID: CVE-2023-26860
- Published at: 2023-04-04
- Advisory source: Friends-Of-Presta.org
- Platform: PrestaShop
- Product: lgbudget
- Impacted release: < 1.0.4
- Product author: Línea Gráfica
- Weakness: CWE-89
- Severity: critical (9.8)
Up to 1.0.3, a sensitive SQL call in class
LgBudgetBudgetModuleFrontController::displayAjaxGenerateBudget() can be exploited with a trivial http call to forge a blind SQL injection through the POST or GET submitted “name” variable.
CVSS base metrics
- Attack vector: network
- Attack complexity: low
- Privilege required: none
- User interaction: none
- Scope: unchanged
- Confidentiality: high
- Integrity: high
- Availability: high
Vector string: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
Possible malicious usage
- Technical and personal data leaks
- Obtain admin access
- Remove all data of the linked PrestaShop
- Display sensitives tables to front-office to unlock potential admin’s ajax scripts of modules protected by token on the ecosystem
Proof of concept
curl -v --cookie-jar cookie.txt -X POST -d 'token=<predictable_token>&id_product=123&qty=1&add=1&action=update' 'https://domain.tld/cart' && curl -v --cookie cookie.txt 'https://domain.tld/module/lgbudget/budget?ajax=1&action=generateBudget&name=test%22,%20%222022-01-01%22%20%29%3BSELECT%20SLEEP%2825%29%3B--'
To fix this issue, in file controllers/front/budget.php line 42, you need to escape $name in
--- v1.0.3/lgbudget/controllers/front/budget.php +++ v1.0.4/lgbudget/controllers/front/budget.php @@ -39,7 +49,7 @@ class LgBudgetBudgetModuleFrontControlle "' . Context::getContext()->cookie->checksum .'", ' . (int)$id_shop . ', ' . (int)$id_customer . ', - "' . $name . '", + "' . pSQL($name) . '", "' . $date_add . '" )';
- It’s recommended to upgrade the module beyond 1.0.3. Release 1.0.4 fixed this security issue.
- Upgrade PrestaShop to the latest version to disable multiquery executions (separated by “;”) - be warned that this functionality WILL NOT protect your SHOP against injection SQL which uses the UNION clause to steal data.
- Change the default database prefix ps_ by a new longer arbitrary prefix. Nevertheless, be warned that this is useless against blackhats with DBA senior skill because of a design vulnerability in DBMS
- Activate OWASP 942’s rules on your WAF (Web application firewall), be warned that you will probably break your backoffice and you will need to pre-configure some bypasses against these set of rules.
|2023-02-10||Vulnerability discovered by 202 ecommerce during a security audit|
|2023-02-10||Contact PrestaShop addons|
|2023-02-12||Request a CVE ID|
|2023-03-02||Fix published on addons PrestaShop marketplace|
|2023-03-17||Propose a delay to PrestaShop addons before disclosure|
|2023-03-27||PrestaShop addons confirm the CVE can be published|
|2023-04-04||Publication of the security advisory|
DISCLAIMER: The French Association Friends Of Presta (FOP) acts as an intermediary to help hosting this advisory. While we strive to ensure the information and advice provided are accurate, FOP cannot be held liable for any consequences arising from reported vulnerabilities or any subsequent actions taken.