In NdkAdvancedCustomizationFields module for PrestaShop before 4.1.7, an anonymous user can perform a Server-Side Request Forgery (SSRF) in affected versions. 4.1.7 fixed the vulnerability.
- CVE ID: CVE-2022-40842
- Published at: 2022-11-01
- Advisory source: @daaaalllii
- Platform: PrestaShop
- Product: ndk_advanced_custom_fields
- Impacted release: <= 4.1.6 (4.1.7 fixed the vulnerability)
- Product author: ndk design
- Weakness: CWE-918
- Severity: critical (9.1)
In the NdkAdvancedCustomizationFields module for PrestaShop up to version 4.1.6, an improper validation of
loc parameter in the
rotateimg.php script can be executed via a trivial HTTP call to forge Server-Side Request. This vulnerability can be exploited to initiate a blind HTTP request, for instance, use the vulnerable website as proxy to attack others websites.
CVSS base metrics
- Attack vector: network
- Attack complexity: low
- Privilege required: none
- User interaction: none
- Scope: unchanged
- Confidentiality: high
- Integrity: high
- Availability: none
Vector string: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
Possible malicious usage
- Attack others websites via the vulnerability
- Bypass WAF/.htaccess restrictions
Proof of concept
Remove the file or apply this patch :
--- a/modules/ndk_advanced_custom_fields/rotateimg.php +++ b/modules/ndk_advanced_custom_fields/rotateimg.php <?php + die();
- It’s recommended to upgrade the module beyong 4.1.7.
- Activate OWASP 931’s rules on your WAF (Web application firewall), be warned that you will probably break your backoffice and you will need to pre-configure some bypasses against these set of rules.
|26-07-2023||Publish this advisory on security|
DISCLAIMER: The French Association Friends Of Presta (FOP) acts as an intermediary to help hosting this advisory. While we strive to ensure the information and advice provided are accurate, FOP cannot be held liable for any consequences arising from reported vulnerabilities or any subsequent actions taken.